Completed Build: NG Mercurius x HG Leo kitbash



Intro 

The NG Mercurius x HG Leo kitbash is now completed. I documented a detailed procedure for the structural modifications that I did with this kitbash, which can be found here. Kudos to you if you went through and followed along.

The building process was nearly identical to the Vayeate, I made a few adjustments to how the side skirt armour was connected, and some minor detailing changes to the Mercurius, just so that they are not completely identical. I also opted to replace the original pistol with the Leo's machine gun and added some details to the shield.

In terms of painting, I started with some red colour mixes recommended for the Sazabi Ver. Ka; using a mix of bright red and hull red (Mr Hobby lacquers). I then added neutral grey, white, and mahogany to desaturate the colours. This was also the first kit I painted using my new airbrush, the Iwata Eclipse. The atomization was much better than my old Amazon unbranded one, allowing me to get very nice transitions/highlighting. Overall, I'm really happy with how the colour turned out - earthen red, with subtle highlights, almost like a red clay.

For frequent updates, please follow my IG: @yulongsgunpla

Please enjoy these photos of the Mercurius; The Vayeate gallery is here.

Gallery:

 
mercurius gundam front view
Mercurius armaments

mercurius gundam back view weapons
Mercurius planet defensors

mercurius gundam front side
Mercurius fully armed

mercurius aerial action pose
Mercurius action pose

mercurius aerial hovering
Mercurius beam shield

mercurius sword slash
Mercurius beam slash

Group shots with Vayeate:


mercurius and vayeate in combat
Mercurius and Vayeate: combat pose

mercurius vayeate posing
Mercurius and Vayeate: action poses

mercurius vayeate gundam wing display
The twin suits joining the rest of my Gundam wing display

Going to need a pallet cleanser for my next build after these two (too much scratch building!)



Comments