Completed Build: NG Vayeate x HG Leo kitbash

no grade vayeate leo kitbash banner

Intro

I've finally completed my NG Vayeate x HG Leo kitbash project. These NG kits are in desperate need of an upgrade, and I wanted them to be able to pull off poses like their Robot Damashii variants. To do this, I decided to combine the articulation of a modern kit like the Leo with the features of the Vayeate.

I'm quite happy with the whole process, from figuring out how best to make these structural modifications using putty and pla-plate to the many iterations of priming, filling, sanding, and priming again to ensure a smooth surface after all these mods.

These processes are detailed in my WIP posts below, so I won't go into details here.


For frequent updates, please follow my IG: @yulongsgunpla

Next up is the Mercurius. Should be a bit easier now that I've learned the procedure.

Please enjoy these photos!

Gallery:

no grade vayeate leo kitbash standing side

no grade vayeate leo kitbash standing back

no grade vayeate leo kitbash standing front

no grade vayeate leo kitbash crouch

no grade vayeate leo kitbash shooting back aerial

no grade vayeate leo kitbash shooting side aerial

no grade vayeate leo kitbash shooting front aerial

no grade vayeate leo kitbash shooting back ground

no grade vayeate leo kitbash shooting aerial

no grade vayeate leo kitbash shooting ground

no grade vayeate leo kitbash aerial hover

no grade vayeate leo kitbash aerial dodge

no grade vayeate leo kitbash standing unarmed



Comments