Work in Progress #2: MG MS-07B-3 Gouf Custom - Leg Details

1/100 MG MS-07B-3 Gouf Custom 8th MS Team

Second work-in-progress post for the Gouf custom project. I originally wanted to finish it in time for GBWC Canada but it was totally not doable due to real life obligations. I have managed to complete customizing one leg since my last post.

Beginning with the thigh, I added custom panel lines and pla-plate details. I placed a hole on the side to add extra Zaku pipes from scrap parts. I also shaved off some of the back piece to increase the knee bend articulation.
1/100 MG MS-07B-3 Gouf Custom 8th MS Team

Next up, I wanted to remove the ugly cavity that doesn't fit flush with the knee armour. I cut and carved a sheet of pla-plate, inserted it into the slot and filed it until it was level and smooth.
1/100 MG MS-07B-3 Gouf Custom 8th MS Team

Next are the details on the joints, made using styrene tubes and sticks.
1/100 MG MS-07B-3 Gouf Custom 8th MS Team

Then, I added details to the lower leg side panels, including vent holes and a scratch-built attachment for the additional piping. I also detailed up the knee armour and the foot.
1/100 MG MS-07B-3 Gouf Custom 8th MS Team

Final assembled leg vs the unmodified one. The pipe turned out to be quite flexible and didn't impair the knee bend. Now I just have to repeat it for the other leg.
1/100 MG MS-07B-3 Gouf Custom 8th MS Team

After this will be the gatling shield and auxiliary weaponry. The end is close.

Until next time!

Comments

  1. Hello,

    First of all that is very nice.

    Second what wattage of lamp bulb do you use and what camera?

    Thanks!

    Philip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Thanks. Sorry for the delayed reply. For progress pics I usually shoot with phone camera (Galaxy S6). For photoshoots of the final painted kit, I use a Canon Rebel T5i.

      In these photos, the lamp is just a standard desk lamp bulb from Ikea, it is 400 lumins.

      Y

      Delete

Post a Comment